Screw manufacturing has improved drastically since 1928 […]
Screw manufacturing has improved drastically since 1928 when the National Screw Thread Commission came up with a uniform standard for screw threads for interchangeability. Before then, screws had to be handmade and it was difficult to achieve uniformity. Fast forward to today, we have more custom screws and custom fastener options than we would ever exhaust. Today, custom fasteners are heavily utilized in many manufacturing industries. These are the benefits of using a custom fastener in your manufacturing process.
1. Strongly Bonds Micro-Parts in Electronics Custom manufactured micro screws allow manufacturers of electronic devices to assemble many small parts. With the rapid advance in technology, especially computer technology, customers are preferring smaller gadgets. Be it computers, tablets, or smartphones, people desire lighter and ultra-slimmer devices. This means that manufacturers and designers have to use customized micro screws, micro fasteners, and miniature screws to assemble the devices. Without these micro fastener options, manufacturers would have to use other options such as welding, which would ultimately affect the architecture of their electronic devices.
2. Makes Repair and Replacement of Parts Possible When you think about it, none of your devices or equipment would be easy to repair had you not used custom set screws and captive fasteners in the assembling process. It’s easy to undo a custom fastener using the right torque force and the appropriate tools and techniques. For instance, if you manufacture computers, you can imagine how difficult it would be for your customers to replace a faulty part if all the computer parts are welded together. Without the use of custom screws and machine screws, it would be almost impossible for you or your customers to repair, replace, or install new equipment parts. Additionally, it’s easier to inspect and diagnose a machine that has been assembled using custom screws. When your customers have a problematic machine, it will be easy for you to send a technician to quickly correct the flaws.
3. Reduces Waste During Manufacturing Imagine if you had welding as your only fastening option. Welding all parts of your machine would not only produce more waste, but also it would increase the time and cost of your production. Because you can order customized screws from a custom small screw specialist such as www.minicncparts.com and www.custom-fasteners.com, you can design and produce machine parts to precision. This will help you to perfectly assemble different uniquely-designed parts with little to zero wastages. Utilizing custom fasteners will reduce your overall production cost, and give you a competitive edge in the market.
4. Increases Productivity It is much easier to install and assemble different types of conduit fittings when using a custom fastener or a machine screw. When you have a long-line of production, you want to utilize the quickest fastening method that will give you fast and quality results. You only need to invest in quality torque wrenches and have well-trained workers. Designers and engineers will tell you that customized screws give them more liberty to be creative in their designing process. Additionally, the performance of your product will be boosted as all its parts are securely held together using quality screws.
5. Long Service Life Even when you replace a machine part, you can still use the same screws you used on the old part to fix a new part. Stainless steel screws can keep your products intact for years. For the most part, custom screws will outlast a machine or product. As a manufacturer, using quality stainless screws on your products will boost your credibility in the market. When customers are buying different machines and equipment, they go for the products that will serve them longer and give them a good ROI.
Using custom fasteners will help you assemble different parts of your product with much more ease. You will also use less time and resources when you utilize custom fasteners and custom screws in your products. You can trust custom small screw specialists near your state to supply you with quality custom screws.